I HOPE ..

MAKE NO MISTAKE .. I FULLY REALIZE HOW BLESSED AND HOW LUCKY AND HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL AS I DO. THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY WEBSITE HERE IS TO REALIZE MY DESIRE THAT .. IN SOME SMALL WAY .. ONE OF MY POSTS OR ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL MAKE ONE PERSON'S DAY JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

TO FEEL GOOD .. DO GOOD !

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE VISITING MY WEBSITE WILL SEE SOMETHING ON IT THAT THEY WILL NOT EVER BE ABLE TO SEE OR TO DO OTHERWISE .. AND THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL MAKE THEIR DAY OR THEIR LIFE JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER !


IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH AND ADEQUATE MONEY TO FOLLOW-YOUR-DREAM .. WITH DISCERNMENT .. FIND THE COURAGE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO WHAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO DO!


TRULY THIS IS MY DOXOLOGY .. MY PRAISE TO GOD!

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT .. http://babakaps.net .. TO SEE MY OTHER WEBSITE.

Thursday 17 November 2016

NOV 17, 16 .. MARRIAGE AND WINDOWS 10 ..

Oh come on blogspot! 

Pick yourself up off the proverbial floor. You look silly sprawled out on the carpet. Get yourself up and stop miss-behaving.  

Patti and Rockin' Robb, did either of you pick up on that? Miss-behaving.

I am doing a dot.NET Post here on you blogspot. I KNOW, you are used to long fancy posts with photos and the like. You are not used to me coming over here to ..

TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

'Zilla left me the below comment over on dot.NET ..


Hi Cap,
A nifty travel log on your journey to Ras Al Khaimah! It’s great that you have your new laptop along to keep your stories moving along – that is when you have the time to do all the posting – a big job but appreciated by all!
A question occurred to me on why you waited a long period of time to buy a laptop prior to your many earlier trips? You certainly really hit the ticket now as I can see you are in 5th gear (say racing gear) by all the lovely photos, stories that you are doing! Really super, as I said before it’s like you are taking folks on a beautiful tour as you can really believe you are there – I can even taste your lemon on your fish meal (I should say your friend’s meal)!
I know Dubai is a “fairly” rich country by viewing all the beautiful buildings and the on-going construction, so my next task is to goggle the country and check the stats regarding income, etc. BTW the last GP of the season for F1 is on Sunday, November 27, 2016 and the final race will determine the World Champion. Lewis won today’s race in Brazil and it was a very exciting race due to poor racing conditions as it rained very heavy throughout most of the day’s race. The race was “red flagged” twice due the down pour and serious accidents. The race had a 2-hour limit, however the race was completed with one minute to spare! A very exciting race!
Enjoy your travels!!
zilla

To 'Zilla I replied as follows ..


So good to know you are doing OK ‘Zilla and following along here. Because of visa restriction time duration issues and airline difficulties in changing my flight reservations, I simply am not able to stay for the Grand Prix race the weekend of the 25-27th of November. I wish I could but I can’t.
I have had, I have owned, my very own, personal, Apple iBook G4, laptop since March of 2005. I have had my very own personal laptop for over eleven years and counting. I have a thousand musical songs on iTunes on my Apple laptop.
Because of weight, because of theft issues, because of me being able to lose it, because of internet WiFi connection issues (in past years it was not what it now is), because of fragility issues (my laptop getting damaged), because of the abundance and the availability of Internet Cafes where ever I have been, I have always chosen to travel sans my laptop. I have had the choice for over eleven years now to take it with me or to leave it home.
Yes! I am loving having this new Lenovo, state-of-the-current-art, ThinkPad with me. Yes! Having it with me has put me into 5th racing gear for sure.
Learning to cope with Windows 10 was a challenge. I survived it. Windows 10 no longer is my opponent, it is my friend.
Smiles ‘Zilla .. So nice to have you here with me as I write my Posts. Your Ally since 1975. Cap

Stop it blogspot! Stop squeeling. You will recover from a real, tell it like it IS, post being put up here on you.

'Zilla here is another reason I have not taken my own laptop with me. At an Internet Cafe or a library, IF something goes wrong, all I have to do is ask for help and I get help.

Well, the other day, here in my hotel room, DISASTER HIT ME. My LENOVO 'froze up' totally. I had no cursor. I could do nothing.

Do all of you out there realize this: To use WINDOWS 10, MircroSoft has your personal computer's password!

Got it? MicroSoft, in a way, 'owns' your own personal computer. I have this first hand from some computer 'geeks' over here. I could not believe it. But when it came time for me to use Mister LENOVO, MicroSoft invited themselves in and I let them come in.

I did not fully realize what I was doing, but whatever it was I did, in came MicroSoft.

Now back to my DRAMA. Here I sit. Paralyzed. Sitting here in front of Mister LENOVO who is locked up. Here in the United Arab Emirates.

What to do? DO I DO a forced shutdown? I am stymied.

When what to my wondering eyes should happen? I am just sitting here in a real quandry. 

Out of the blue, a message appears upon Mister LENOVO's screen that reads:

We have detected a problem with your computer. We are going to investigate the problem. We will do a restart.

I sat, idle, wondering what in the world was going on.

A message appears:

It is now OK for you to start your computer.

I did a start up. Everything was fine.

It was like nothing had happened ..

BUT LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! 

Something had happened here and what had happened here was not exactly clear to yours truly.

WINDOWS 10, you are making a believer out of me.

Am I dreaming this up? Nope. My worst nightmare was underway, a sick computer, and me with no viable alternatives.

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH .. Something IS happening here and what it is ain't exactly clear.

For what it's worth .. Cap

I get up in the morning. I turn on Mister LENOVO. A message appears: Your computer was scanned and it is up-to-date. There are no problems or potential problems.

NO! I am not dreaming this up.

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing ... the computer locks up, completely, decidedly ... and you sit back stymied. Along comes Microsoft with a welcome message and, voila, the problem, whatever it was, gets fixed. Wonders never cease. I could not be happier for you that this had a happy ending!! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, get right here with me My Dear One. Do you remember, more than one time, when you and I, sat in the living room of our condo in Anchorage, Alaska, and watched while a Dell Computer associate in India, took over your computer and 'operated it'. We could see the mouse cursor being moved by someone half a world away. So it sure is not out of my experience to see this. While I was on the live chat with MicroSoft about WORD 2016, again I watched while a MicroSoft employee 'worked my computer'. The DIFFERENCE? Both Dell and MicroSoft in these two cases asked for our permission to assume control over each computer.

    Here, with me doing nothing, MicroSoft (instantly) sensed something was wrong. Sent me a message. Solved the problem. Told me it was solved and went back into cyberspace. Amazing. I wonder if either Andrej or Gullible know about this. Ahad here in Dubai sure knew this when HE told me Windows 10 is set up this way.

    "Cap. You are halucinting." / signed / Andrej and Gullible.

    Much Love .. Cap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of such a thing. I'll contact my nephew and ask him. BTW--if my computer freeezes and I can do nothing, I take the battery out, wait a bit, then reinsert. Some of the smartest money I spend is a subscription to Best Buy's Geek Squad. In live chat, they take over and reprimand my misbehaving gear, tune it up, and correct the problems.

    Also--you really, really should get a wireless mouse! They are very light, operate with either AA or AAA batteries and are so much easier to use than other the touch pad or wired mouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jeanne. YES! I am ready for a wireless Mister Mouse. Will get one in Hong Kong at a LENOVO store. This Wired Mister Mouse that I am holding is not happy with this idea however. The touch pad was a nightmare. Yes on that. Smiles .. Cap

      Delete
  4. Cap, I received an answer from my nephew. Check my response to your email immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and we have swapped four e-mails. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Cap

      Delete

TO ENTER A COMMENT .. SELECT A PROFILE BY CLICKING ONTO THE 'SELECT A PROFILE' BUTTON ABOVE. THE MOST SIMPLE METHOD IS TO EITHER SELECT (BY CLICKING ONTO) A GOOGLE ACCOUNT (WHICH CAN SIMPLY BE A GOOGLE G-MAIL ADDRESS) OR TO SELECT ANONYMOUS. THEN WRITE YOUR COMMENT AND IF YOU WISH .. PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT .. AND THEN CLICK ONTO THE PUBLISH BUTTON TO PUBLISH IT ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY WEB SITE .. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TAKING THE TIME AND GOING TO THE WORK TO POST A COMMENT HERE .. CAP